"For my part, I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" -Vincent Van Gogh

Monday, 10 October 2016

Fall Show recommendations

My last post was about new shows I may add to my line up. Since most of them have now premiered I can give you my first impression of them all.

First up is my favorite new show.

Bull
Starring Micheal Weatherly, this show is something you don't normally see. It's not a cop drama, it might technically be classified as a crime drama. But honestly that doesn't really fit either. The story is about Dr. Bull the head of a trial analysis team. Who combine psychology and high-tech data to figure out which people they want on their clients jury, and how to make them get the verdict the client wants. Ethically ambiguous, but morally sound this technique gives this show an unique view of the justice system that is fun and engaging. I would definitely recommend giving it a look.




Next up for new shows is Timeless. I missed the first few minutes of the premiere, but I had seen the trailers for it and wasn't to lost. The story line is right up my alley. I hope they continue to make it intriguing. Coming from a person who watches a lot of TV shows there were several little things I predicted or could see coming. That being said, it was written well and acted well. There's only so much complete originality that you can bring to a TV show that's trying to engage an audience from the get go.


Moving on to a less positive review. Macgyver was a bit of a disappointment. I wasn't expecting a lot, but I was anticipating a modern well written show. That should be a given when so many people have worked on it and it's being shown on tv. Unfortunately I still have to be convinced that this is a good show. The show itself wasn't that bad, if you're just a casual viewer. But as someone who notices things in tv shows it had it's issues. The characters weren't introduced in any way they were just thrown at us in the middle of a mission. Which is fine that is a way to start it. But the backstories were thrown about with little random details and it was expected to all flow. One of the future main characters ( I assume) was introduced in a cliche and ridiculous way. I will probably watch one more episode just to make sure it's a dud before I condemn it completely. Sometime the premieres are just to attract viewers, whereas the next episodes are really a reflection of what the series will be like.



Going to a funnier show. The Good Place is a hilarious and slightly religiously offensive half hour comedy starring Kristen Bell and Ted Danson. Kristen Bell plays a woman who died and goes to "The Good Place" a community heaven-like place where only the best people go. But, of course there's a but, Eleanor doesn't belong here! :O She was a bad person, like a below average bad person. But with the help of her assigned soul mate Chidi she might become a good person and be able to stay.


Although I haven't had the chance to watch Hayley Atwell's new show Conviction I am definitely interested in seeing what it's like. I know Hayley Atwell to be a wonderful actress as well as several members of the rest of the cast. I can't wait to see where this series goes.


I also haven't had a chance to see the premiere of Designated Survivor. I probably won't watch this show regularly, just because it's to political for me, but I do want to see the premiere episode.




No comments:

Post a Comment